Uploading Your Release
Once you’ve created and verified your account, the next step is to create your release! You can do this by following the instructions below.
- On your Dashboard, click the Music tab. You’ll see the options for distributing an album, single or ringtone. Select the product you want.
- Fill in the required release information, then click Save release and add songs at the bottom. You can now select stores and upload your songs and artwork!
- To add songs, click Songs in the checklist on the top right corner of the page, or scroll down until you see the Songs section
- For each song, add the title, songwriter information, publishing rights details, contributors, lyrics, and the ISRC (if you have one already, otherwise one will be given to you for free)
- Need help formatting your track titles and artist names? Click here.
- Once you've added the information, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the section
- Make sure your audio files are in the proper format before you start uploading! See Audio Requirements
- For more information about artwork requirements, click here.
- You can select all digital stores with one check box
- Make sure to click SAVE at the bottom!
- Please note, at this time TuneCore only distributes ringtones to the iTunes store on the iPhone.
- To learn more about the stores, click here.
- In the box below your completed album checklist, select your subscription plan, click Distribute with Plan
- If your release looks correct in the shopping cart, you can click Release Music and proceed with distribution to stores!
- If you see an Upgrade Plan button instead, it probably means you've used a custom feature that's not available for your plan level. You can see more about these features at the bottom of this article.
Pay Per Release Model
- In the box below your completed album checklist, select your subscription plan (1 year, 2 years, or 5 years) and click Add to Cart (or Distribute with Credit, if you are using a distribution credit)
- If your release looks correct in the shopping cart, you can click Proceed to Checkout and proceed with payment and distribution to stores!