Grimes and CreateSafe are partnering with TuneCore to enable creators to use GrimesAI - an AI-generated version of Grimes’ voice, in their own original material. At TuneCore, we believe that AI technology is here to enhance human creativity, not replace it. Our aim with this pilot partnership is to create a path for artists to consent to have AI versions of their voices used in other creators’ music, provide control of the content that is distributed, and streamline participation in revenue sharing for those creative works at scale.
TuneCore will not distribute any works that are 100% AI-generated, but we are in support of the use of AI technology that enhances human creation, assisting with artists’ productivity and increasing fan engagement and artist revenue.
Before you upload your collaboration with GrimesAI, there are a few important things to know:
- You must be subscribed to an Unlimited Distribution Plan
- All releases must have a 50% revenue split with GrimesAI, regardless of what percent of your release utilizes the AI sound
- GrimesAI must be credited as a main or featured artist
- You cannot send any releases with GrimesAI to YouTube Content ID
- Your GrimesAI vocal stem must be obtained from the official Elf.Tech platform
-If you have obtained your GrimesAI vocal stem from any other platform, please contact Elf.Tech directly for its approval prior to uploading it to TuneCore
- You cannot use any additional AI-generated content in your original work to simulate Grime’s AI voice, you can only utilize the vocal stem that you obtained from the official Elf.Tech platform
- You cannot upload covers of copyrighted material that contain GrimesAI stems
- You must have the rights to distribute every element of your original material, with the exception of the GrimesAI voiceprint
If you aren’t able to fulfill all of the above requirements, your release will not be approved for distribution or will be taken down from streaming platforms should you modify the above criteria post-distribution. There will be no exceptions to these policies.
The Elf.Tech model for developing Grimes voiceprint has been trained exclusively on vocals and content that Grimes owns and GrimesAI-1 does not claim any ownership of the sound recording or the underlying composition (unless that composition is a cover of a Grimes song).
Creating your GrimesAI Vocal Stem
You can generate your GrimesAI voiceprint directly from the Elf.Tech platform:
- Create or log in to your Elf.Tech account
- Choose “Create” from the dashboard to access the sound transformation modal
- Click “Upload” to transform an existing vocal file, or;
- Click “Record” to transform a live vocal, then click “Transform”
- You’ll be able to listen to the transformed track before taking any additional actions
- If you’re happy with the output, click the download icon , or if you want to try again click “Start Over”
Your audio file will download in a .WAV format, which you can then import into your DAW to further edit, mix, and master if needed. Don’t forget: you cannot distribute any covers that use the GrimesAI voiceprint through TuneCore. Your song must be an original creation, which you have all of the rights to distribute (with the exception of the GrimesAI voiceprint).
Setting up your release through TuneCore
You must add GrimesAI as a main artist or a featured artist on any tracks that contain a GrimesAI vocal stem.
To add GrimesAI as a main artist on a new release:
- From your Dashboard, click “Add Release”
- Choose either “Single” or “Album,” this will bring you to the first step in the creation process
- Add your release title, then click “Add Artist”
- In the “Artist Name” field, add “GrimesAI,” then click “Continue”
- Fill in the remaining required fields, then click “Save release and add songs”
To add GrimesAI as a featured artist on a new release:
- From your Dashboard, click “Add Release”
- Choose either “Single” or “Album,” this will bring you to the release the creation process
- Fill in the first page completely, then click “Save release and add songs”
- Scroll to “Song Artists & Creatives” and click “+Add Artist/Creative”
- Add “GrimesAI” to the “Artist/Creative Name” field, and choose “featured” from the role dropdown menu
- Once you’ve filled in the rest of the required fields, click “Save” at the bottom of the page
As soon as you submit your release for distribution, you should then move on to setting up your Split right away so your release isn’t blocked.
Setting up a Split
In order to distribute any content that contains a GrimesAI stem, you must set up a 50% split with GrimesAI. You’ll be able to add a split to your distribution as soon as you submit it to TuneCore. Remember, this is a requirement of distributing all GrimesAI releases, regardless of what percentage of your song actually contains the voiceprint.
To set up your split:
- From your Dashboard, click “Money & Analytics” at the top of the screen, then choose “Created Splits” from the dropdown menu
- Next, click “Create New Splits”
- Then, name your Split
-We recommend using the name of your track or your main artist name
- Add Grimes as a collaborator by inviting the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the “Collaborator Email Address” field and clicking “Add”
- Set the collaborator split to 50% and click “save”
Once you have saved your split, navigate to your discography to add it to your release:
- Click “Releases” at the top of the page, then “Discography” when the menu appears
- Find your release in the list and click “Split Royalties”
- Choose your Split name from the list
- Click “Apply Split to Song” at the bottom of the page