With TuneCore you can distribute Singles and Albums to the digital stores. Each store has its own way of categorizing content. TuneCore cannot control how the stores group and format their content.
SinglesIn TuneCore’s platform a single is one (1) track.
Your release will be classified as a single if:
- The release is one to three (1-3) tracks.
- The entire release is 30 minutes or less and all individual tracks are less than 10 minutes.
- Releases that meet the requirements above will automatically have “- Single” inserted in the release title within the iTunes Store.
- As a default, tracks will be sold for $0.99 in iTunes (if they are less than 10 minutes).
- If a single track is 10 minutes or longer, iTunes will automatically sell the release at an album price.
Your music will be classified under the single category if:
- The release is under 30 minutes.
- The release has five (5) or fewer tracks.
- Spotify will not change the title of your release.
AlbumsIn TuneCore’s platform an album is a release with two (2) or more tracks.
- Any release with seven (7) or more tracks will be considered an album in iTunes. Also, any release that has one to six (1-6) tracks but is over 30 minutes will be considered an album in iTunes.
- There may be cases where you release an album through TuneCore and the release is labeled as a “Single” or “EP” in the iTunes Store.
EPsTuneCore does not have a product that is EP specific, but some albums released through TuneCore will be classified as EPs in iTunes.
In order for a release to be considered an EP, it must meet one of the following two requirements:
- The release has a total of one to three (1-3) tracks, one or more of the tracks is/are 10 minutes or longer and entire release is less than 30 minutes.
- The release has a total of four to six (4-6) tracks and the entire release is less than 30 minutes.
- If your release meets the above requirements and you do not have "- EP" in the title of your album, iTunes will automatically insert "- EP" in the title when delivering your album to the store.