Setting up a Pre-Order is Easy
You can set up and purchase your iTunes and Google Play pre-orders directly in your TuneCore account as part of the upload process. Simply see the “Pre-order ( Optional )” product on your music distribution Checklist. When you set up your pre-order, you’ll be able to:
• Set Start Date
• Select Track Previews (optional)
• Select Instant Gratification Tracks (optional) [iTunes Only]
• Set Special Pre-Order Pricing (optional) [iTunes Only]
TuneCore can process your pre-order request for a set fee per release (plus the distribution fee). Please note, a pre-order cannot be added to a release after it has been paid for and distributed to stores. You need to set up your pre-order during the upload process to take advantage of this feature.
The pre-order fee for just iTunes or just Google Play is $15.00. However, if you decide to do a pre-order for both iTunes and Google Play, the fee is $25.00
Important : If you want to attach a PDF booklet (it’s optional), you need to do so PRIOR to distribution and pre-order. Please follow the steps found here .
Keep in Mind
• Timing : After the release is delivered to iTunes, most releases take 24-72 hours to go live. However, a random percentage of releases go through an internal store review process, which can take up to 16 business days from the day they're received by the store. It can take up to 2 weeks for content to be fully delivered to Google Play.
• Sales Reporting : Any pre-order album sales will not be reported to your iTunes Daily Trend Reports until the actual release date of your album. This is because customers are not actually charged for a pre-order purchase until the release is fully live and available within the iTunes Music Store. However, if there are Instant Gratification tracks available on your pre-order, these sales will be treated as a regular track sale and will appear on your iTunes Daily Trend Reports since customers are able to purchase and download the track.
• Pricing : If the album price is changed between the pre-order start date and the sales start date, customers who pre-ordered the album will be charged the lesser of the two prices.
Learn about the benefits of setting up a pre-order on iTunes