1. What is Two-Factor Authentication, and why should I enroll?
Two-Factor Authentication is an extra layer of account protection that requires your TuneCore login information (email address and password) and a unique code that gets sent to your mobile device. If someone were to gain access to your login information, they would not be able to access your account without the one-time authentication code that would have been sent to your phone. Providing these two pieces of information together helps prevent unauthorized access to your TuneCore account and protects your hard-earned funds.
2. Benefits of enrolling in Two Factor Authentication:
- Increased account security
- Protect earnings/TuneCore balance and personal information
- Prevent unwanted access to your TuneCore account
3. How do I enroll in Two-Factor Authentication?
Navigate to your "Account Settings" page and click ENABLE in the Two-Factor Authentication section.
4. What are my options for receiving an authentication code?
There are two ways you can choose from to receive your code:
- Phone Call
*Message and data rates may apply
Please note, only one of these two secure notification methods can be selected at a time. To change your settings, you can do so in your TuneCore Account Settings page.
5. How long does it take to get my code?
You’ll receive your authentication code in seconds. If you are having trouble receiving your code, make sure that you have entered the correct phone number and selected the correct country code.
6. When will I be required to enter an authentication code?
- When you log into your TuneCore account
- When you request a withdrawal
- When you change your personal information like email, password, or stored bank account
- You will also be prompted to authenticate any time you change browsers or access TuneCore from a new device.
7. Can I turn off Two-Factor Authentication?
Yes. To turn off Two-Factor Authentication from your account, navigate to Account Settings, and click “Disable”. You will be prompted to enter a code one last time to verify that the account owner is choosing to disable authentication.
8. How do I access my account if I lose my phone or change my phone number?
Please go here for help changing or resetting your phone.
Please go here for additional help.
9. What if I receive an authorization code that I didn’t request?
If you receive an authentication code but did not request one, there is a chance your account password has been compromised - but don’t worry, whomever is attempting to access your account cannot get the code sent to you. We would recommend immediately changing your TuneCore account password.
*Adding, removing, or editing the phone number listed in the "Contact Info" section of your Account Settings will not change the number associated with Two-Factor Authentication.