We're glad you're thinking of joining TuneCore!
Here are some pro tips on how to make the switch to TuneCore as easy as possible:
- First, you will need to contact your current distributor and request that they take your content down from stores.
- Once you’ve made the request, you can re-upload and distribute your release through your TuneCore account, even if the old release hasn’t been removed from every store yet.
- Keep in mind that there may be a few days where both versions of the release are live or a gap between when your old version comes down and your new version goes live. This is because each store's review process is a little different when it comes to timing.
- If you're okay with having more of an overlap between the old and new releases, you can go ahead and start setting up your TuneCore account. You can then begin uploading your release and select stores.
- Then, request a takedown from your old distributor and continue to checkout and distribute your release through TuneCore at the same time.
- You can use the same UPC for your album and the same Song ISRCs for your individual tracks as long as the album you're redistributing is exactly the same.
- If the album is changing in any way (you've added or removed any tracks, or tracks are reordered), you cannot use the same UPC.
- If the individual tracks have changed (you've re-recorded the song, remixed the audio, changed the title), you cannot use the same ISRC.
- If you need a new UPC or ISRC, just leave the fields blank when uploading your release and TuneCore will generate new ones for you for free.