Important: Please be careful about how you promote your music and who you enlist to help you! Engaging in fraudulent activity, including artificially increasing your stream counts in stores (commonly known as “streaming abuse”), is a violation of the TuneCore Terms of Service (https://www.tunecore.com/terms) and may result in the permanent removal of your material from stores, the forfeiture by you of associated revenues, and/or termination of your account.
Many of our partners provide guidance on how to promote your music in stores, and give additional information regarding how to look for good standards around promotions.
For example, here is a link to a promotion guide from our friends over at Spotify:
There are plenty of legitimate ways to get your music heard and TuneCore is here to help!
For instance, all TuneCore artists have the opportunity to get their music featured in iTunes, Spotify, and other stores. Learn more on how to submit your request here. Please remember, you are required to submit this request at least 3 weeks in advance of your release date.
- Check out all of our free PDFs featuring tips and advice on marketing, promotion, how to sell more music online, and everything else you need to know to take control of your career. Grab your copy here.
- Take advantage of the special offers that TuneCore artists get when they sign up for Radio Airplay and Feature.fm, two services that get artists streams on Internet radio and Deezer. Learn more about Feature.fm here, and learn more about Radio Airplay here.
- Build a website that helps fans find your music, catch your next gig, buy your merch and learn all about you. Get started with a special discount for TuneCore artists by clicking here.
- Use social media to get your name out there. Build a presence on sites like Facebook and Twitter to connect with your fans and promote your music. And TuneCore artists can manage all their social media needs with TuneCore Social – learn how by clicking here.
- Email your fans and include links to your music on iTunes and Spotify to drive more downloads and streams.
- Review the Artist Services section of your TuneCore account to keep an eye on the latest tools and services we’re always offering TuneCore artists to help you grow your career.
Consider embedding a Spotify follow button in your website to make it easier for your fans to find and follow you. It works on any website, and you can embed the button just by copying and pasting a short piece of code. To learn how, check out this website.
You May Also Find This Helpful: