When you release your music through TuneCore, you pay a flat fee for each release on a yearly basis. You can renew your release two ways: manually or automatically. In order to ensure your music stays live and your fans can continue to enjoy it uninterrupted, we highly recommend that you setup auto-renewals.
What's an Auto-Renewal?
An auto-renewal is an automated way for you to pay your yearly subscription fees without having to worry about any downtime or interruptions to your streams and sales.
- Your subscription starts on the day your release is submitted for distribution with TuneCore.
- All albums, singles and ringtones distributed through TuneCore are on 1-year, 2-year or 5-year subscription plans.
- All accounts are automatically enrolled into our auto-renewal feature for the convenience of keeping your music live and uninterrupted in the stores you choose for distribution.
- We'll send you an email notification 28 days before your renewal fee is due.
How does it work?
Depending on which payment method you've saved in your "Payment Preferences," we will automatically charge your TuneCore balance, stored credit card, or Paypal account to renew your subscription.
If that method fails for any reason, we'll attempt to charge the other methods you have saved in your preferences in order to keep your release live. If you have opted in to using your TuneCore balance as your primary payment method, and your account balance is not enough to cover the full cost, don't worry! We'll use what's available, and charge the difference to the next stored payment method on file.
To access your payment preferences:
- Click your name at the top right corner of the screen to open the dropdown menu.
- Choose "Payment Preferences" from the menu.
Don't want to auto-renew one or more of your releases? Let our Artist Support team know by submitting a request below:
Be sure to write to us from the email address associated with your TuneCore account so we can better serve you.
If you’ve opted out of Auto-Renewal, but still want to keep your music live in stores, you can manually pay your renewal fees each year:
- Click your name in the blue box at the top right of your TuneCore account
- Select "Subscriptions" from the drop-down menu
- Click “Pay now” next to the renewal you wish to extend
If you decide you want to turn the auto-renewal option back on, you can do so at any time by logging in to your account, and editing your Payment Preferences.
Note: Distribution credits cannot be used to pay for renewals.