When you're ready to switch from the pay-per-release model to one of TuneCore's Unlimited pricing plans, it's easy to transition your entire catalog without any downtime.
There are a few things to note before you make the switch:
- Once you switch to an Unlimited Distribution Plan, all of your previous and future releases will fall under the new plan schedule. This means you won't have to worry about paying for any of your previously distributed releases individually anymore, they're all included under the new plan.
- You can only have one plan associated with your account
- You can upgrade from one plan to another at any time, as soon as you purchase a plan all of the features available in that plan will become accessible right away
- Plans renew on a yearly basis
- Distribution credits cannot be used to purchase plans, and will be lost after you switch from pay-per-release to unlimited
- Once you switch to an unlimited distribution plan you cannot switch back to pay-per-release
- Only the "Professional" plan allows you to have multiple primary artists on your releases. Each additional primary artist is $14.99 per year on top of the Professional Plan cost
- You will be required to have a payment method saved in your account even if you're only distributing releases on the free "New Artist" plan
Switching to an Unlimited Plan
- On your TuneCore Dashboard, click "Pay one annual fee for unlimited past and future releases" or navigate directly to the plan comparison page here
- Based on the current releases in your account (or in your cart), we'll suggest a plan that's best for you, or you can choose from one of the available options
Upgrading to a different plan
- On your TuneCore Dashboard you'll see your current plan listed at the top of the screen, next to your account name
- Below the plan name, click "Upgrade Now" to navigate back to the plan comparison page
- When comparing plans, you will only be able to purchase a plan that you are eligible for, you will not be able to downgrade your current plan
When upgrading from one paid plan to another, you will receive a prorated discount for the time remaining in your 1-year plan term, this will be itemized in your cart at checkout. Your new plan will take effect immediately for a 12 month term after you complete your upgrade.