In most cases compilation licenses grant the right to distribute the licensed master as contained on the album on a non-exclusive basis, but not the right to monetize them. Only the original producer of each song is allowed to claim and monetize the content on YouTube.
Articles in this section
- Getting started with YouTube Content ID
- YouTube Music and YouTube Content ID
- What are "Monetizable Views?"
- How do I view and use the monthly YouTube Content ID Report?
- Your monthly YouTube Content ID report
- What's the difference between YouTube Music and the YouTube Sound Recording Revenue Collection Service?
- Are there any recurring fees associated with monetizing my audio?
- How are videos that use my music impacted by YouTube Content ID?
- Can someone prevent YouTube from placing ads on their video?
- How will I make money?