What is Session Studio?
With Session Studio, you can send release information directly from Session Studio to TuneCore (including your audio files and some metadata!) so you don't have to upload everything yourself. This puts more power into artists' hands, making it easier than ever to go from the studio to stores!
How do I get started?
- Go to Session Studio's website and log in (or create an account)
- Connect your TuneCore account. Make sure you verify your email address if you created a new account!
- Authorize access to your TuneCore account when prompted
- Upload your songs to Session Studio, adding your audio files and metadata
How does Session Studio work?
- After you've added your songs to Session Studio, you can send a release to TuneCore by clicking Create Release and selecting TuneCore
- Your metadata gets sent first. If the data transfer is a success, your Session Studio release will show “date exported” once the data is sent. Then the audio files are exported to TuneCore!
- Once your release is sent, you'll be directed to your TuneCore account so you can finish creating the release and distribute it!
What information is submitted from Session Studio to TuneCore?
- Release Title
- Release Language
- One Primary Artist
- Release Date
- Recording Location (optional)
- Audio files
Why can't I release my music immediately after it's been sent from Session Studio?
Sending your release to TuneCore does a lot of the work for you, but not all of it! There is information you have to add on the TuneCore side because it's not entered in Session Studio. The following information is required before you can distribute your release:
- Spotify/Apple Artist IDs (The artist name you submitted will be there, but you need to add the artist page links)
- Primary genre
- Song information (like contributor roles)
- Copyright ownership
- Explicit track information
- Language of lyrics
- Cover artwork
- TikTok Clip Start Time (not required)
If you've added all of the required information and you still can't distribute a release, you can send the release's UPC and any screenshots/screen recordings that might be helpful to our Artist Support team and we'll be happy to take a look!