Thanks for choosing TuneCore to be your trusted distributor! Here is some helpful information regarding the Stem/TuneCore transfer process.
1.) Once my release is approved by TuneCore's content review team, how long does it take for my music to go live in stores?
TuneCore’s review team should take up to one business day to approve your release. Once your release has been approved, it will be sent to stores immediately. At that point, it will be the responsibility of each store to make the release live.
To avoid any additional delays, please make sure your release meets the formatting requirements of our store partners.
Here is the general amount of time it takes our stores to process your release and make it live:
- iTunes/Apple Music: 5 days
- Spotify: 5 business days
- Google Play: 1-2 weeks
- Amazon Music: 1-3 business days
- Amazon On Demand: 6-8 weeks
- Deezer, iHeartRadio: 3-7 business days
- All other stores take 1-3 weeks
Remember, these are approximate and we can never guarantee the exact time your music will go live in these stores. Please note, TuneCore has no control over the internal review processes conducted by stores and cannot expedite your release. If you have a required release date we strongly recommend that you distribute your music more than 3 weeks prior to that date.
2.) What are the benefits of transferring content from Stem to TuneCore?
- Receive 3 months of FREE distribution through TuneCore on your transferred releases.
- Why Choose TuneCore? , learn more here
- TuneCore has a world-class Customer Care team with Artist Support Specialists available to offer assistance, answer questions, and meet the needs of Stem creators involved in this transition. Submit questions here.
- Get your music streamed and downloaded in 150+ stores worldwide, plus you can monetize your music on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- TuneCore’s flat annual fee allows artists to keep 100% of your sales and streaming revenue.
- You can find all of TuneCore’s services and pricing info here.
3.) When will I start receiving sales?
You can learn more about this here
4.) Some things to note about the Stem/TuneCore transfer
- When you transfer your content to a new distributor, your play count and playlisting should also be transferred on Spotify, but it is not guaranteed.
- iTunes/Apple reviews on your existing releases will unfortunately be lost after you transfer those releases to a new distributor.
Ensure you receive residual payment from Stem:
- Make sure all splits are accepted on Stem by August 30.
- Make sure your payment information is added and up to date by August 30.
When will Stem stop supporting my content?
- Content will be taken down starting July 29th on a rolling basis. Stem will continue to pay out on this content for approximately three months post takedown date. You may have a few days where both versions (TuneCore and Stem version) of the album appear in a few of the stores. This is to ensure play counts can transfer over in such store as Spotify.