Gracenote provides advanced media identification, management, discovery, enrichment and monitoring solutions.
A decade ago, Gracenote pioneered CD identification as the world's first CD database. Now Gracenote has more than 3,000 content partners, including major and independent music publishers, labels and movie studios, that power the biggest names in all major markets.
Go Live Time
It takes about 1-2 weeks for content to go live in Gracenote.
Gracenote's reach is global, as it is available in over 200 countries.
How Gracenote Sells Your Music
Gracenote sells your music:
Pay Rate (How Much Gracenote Pays You)
Gracenote does not sell music so artists do not receive payment, but Gracenote drives sales in other outlets through music discovery.
Why Gracenote Is Important to Artists:
- Ensures recognition of partner content across all digital media (e.g. CD, stream, file)
- Drives and accelerates commerce through music discovery, commerce links and cloud based matching services
- Enables the monitoring and protection of digital media assets
- Opens new revenue streams
- Ensures information about partner content is accurate, release date ready
- Secures partners‚ content information so that it cannot be overwritten by unauthorized users
Why Gracenote Is Important to Consumers:
- Dramatically enhances music experiences
- Makes products more powerful and intuitive
- Provides a unified entertainment experience
Gracenote MusicID: Powering the Cloud
- Recognizes music in a user's personal collection
- Matches or unlocks the same tracks in Cloud
- Fans can enjoy their music across multiple Cloud-enabled devices
- Advanced music identification
- Determines the difference between Explicit and Clean versions of albums and songs
- Ensures correct album and songs are always unlocked in Cloud
- Gracenote MusicID: Identify Songs Anytime, Anywhere
Apple iTunes Genius, Powered by Gracenote
"Gracenote More Like This" is like having a personal DJ picking tunes to fit every musical moment. For instance, when Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is playing, Gracenote More Like This will analyze the characteristics of the Adele track and generate a similar music playlist from songs already in the collection or across the Cloud.