Files for ringtones must be 5-30 seconds in length. Please remember that these ringtones are only available for purchase through an iPhone, with the iTunes application. Please follow the instructions below on how to make a ringtone from an existing song.
- Launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version) and select the song that you want to use to create a ringtone.
- You will need to decide which part of the track you want to use as your ringtone. A ringtone needs to be anywhere from 5-30 seconds so please be sure to keep it between those times constraints.
- Right click on the track you selected and pick the ‘"Get Info" option in the menu, then select the "Options" tab.
- Towards the bottom you will see two options – Start Time and Stop Time. Enter the beginning and ending times of the section of the track you picked. Then click OK.
- Search for your song in iTunes and highlight it.
- Go to your preferences (if you're on a mac this will be under the "iTunes" drop down menu).
- When you have the preferences window open, make sure you are on the "general" tab. Go down to where it says Import Settings (if you have an older version of iTunes, you may have to click where it says "advanced" and then click on import settings).
- Change "import using" to WAV encoder. Change the setting to "custom". A new window will open.
- In the custom window, change the sample rate to 44.1 kHz and Sample Size says 16 bit, make sure Channels says Stereo and Stereo Mode says Normal. Then continue clicking "OK" until you are back to your library.
Now you can upload the ringtone to your TuneCore account for distribution!