There are many reasons why you might want to take your release down - maybe you're dropping a new mix, adding a single to a full album, or you're just ready to retire those tracks. It's your music, and you're in control of what's available and what's not.
If you're ready to take down a release, you can do that within your TuneCore account. Here's how:
Taking down my release
- Log in to your TuneCore account
- Head here to your Manage Subscription page
- Find the release you want to take down
- Click "Takedown All Stores" if you want to remove the release right away, or;
- Click "Cancel Renewal" if you want your release to come down at the end of the renewal period
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue "Submit" button
Depending on which option you chose, we'll either process your takedown request or we'll mark your release as "do not renew" at the end of its renewal period.
Please note that most stores will process takedown requests within 2-3 business days, but some may take up to three weeks.
Important: You cannot take down individual tracks from an album. If you want to take down any track on an album, you will need to take down the entire album.
Cancel My Renewal
If the steps above don't work for you, there's another way to request a renewal cancellation! Our renewal cancellation form can be found here. Please follow the instructions below:
- Provide the email address registered to your TuneCore account in the available field on the cancellation form
- You will then receive an email with instructions and a direct link to manage your subscriptions
- You will be able to individually cancel the renewal of any active release or permanently take the release down from stores if you prefer that option.
You must submit a cancellation request prior to the renewal date to avoid being charged. Submitting a cancellation request on the date of renewal or at a later time cancels your next renewal period. It will not refund you for the renewal that has just taken place.