What is Two-Factor Authentication, and why should I enroll?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of account protection powered by Authy that will require you to submit a unique code sent to a verified mobile device each time you log into your TuneCore account. This security feature prevents unauthorized users from accessing your account even if they have your login credentials since they will not have access to the one-time authentication code that would have been sent to your mobile phone.
Benefits of enrolling in Two Factor Authentication:
- Increased account security
- Your earnings and TuneCore balance will be protected
- Access to your account will be limited to one authorized user
How do I enroll in Two-Factor Authentication?
Navigate to your "Account Settings" page and click ENABLE in the Two-Factor Authentication section.
What are my options for receiving an authentication code?
There are two ways you can choose from to receive your code:
- Phone Call
*Message and data rates may apply
Please note, only one of these two secure notification methods can be selected at a time. To change your settings, you can do so by visiting Authy.
How long does it take to get my code?
You’ll receive your authentication code in seconds. If you're having trouble receiving your code, make sure that you have entered the correct phone number and selected the correct country code. If you continue to experience issues, visit Authy to troubleshoot your device.
When will I be required to enter an authentication code?
- When you log into your TuneCore account
- When you request a withdrawal
- When you change account information like email, password, or stored bank accounts
- You will also be prompted to authenticate any time you change browsers or access TuneCore from a new device.
Can I turn off Two-Factor Authentication?
Yes, but for your security we recommend that you keep 2FA enabled. To turn off Two-Factor Authentication from your account:
- Click your name at the top right corner of any TuneCore page and choose "Account Settings" from the dropdown menu.
- Under "Two-Factor Authentication" click the blue "edit" link.
- Click "Disable."
How do I access my account if I lose my phone or change my phone number?
To troubleshoot the device associated with 2FA please visit Authy for help changing or resetting your phone.
What if I receive an authorization code that I didn’t request?
If you receive an authentication code but did not request one by initiating a log-in, it may be an indication someone has attempted to log into your TuneCore account without your authorization. We recommend immediately changing your TuneCore log-in credentials. See: How do I reset my password?
*Adding, removing, or editing the phone number listed in the "Contact Info" section of your Account Settings will not change the number associated with Two-Factor Authentication.