If you believe that your copyrights have been infringed upon by an artist that's using TuneCore to deliver their releases to stores, you can file a DMCA Notification of Claimed Infringement either directly with the streaming platform where the work appears or through TuneCore.
I want to submit a DMCA claim
In order for TuneCore to process your claim, you must be the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has been allegedly infringed. It is important to emphasize that you should only submit a Notification if you own or control the copyrighted material that is claimed to be infringing, because under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing may be liable for damages.
Claims can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or via hardcopy to the following address:
63 Pearl Street, Box #256
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Additionally, to process your DMCA claim, it must include all of the below information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit TuneCore to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit TuneCore to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right under copyright that is allegedly infringed; and
- The physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
You can review a sample notice on the the U.S. Copyright Office's site here.
Once TuneCore receives and validates your claim, we will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. We must then notify the party that uploaded the material to let them know it has been removed.
I want to dispute a DMCA claim
If you have received a DMCA notification and believe that your material has been removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you can submit a counter-notice requesting the reinstatement of your releases.
To process your counter-claim, it must include all of the below information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The user’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
You can check out a sample of a counter notification on the U.S. Copyright Office's site here.
One final note, TuneCore does not act as an arbiter of infringement disputes.
Download the attached document to find the following stores' specific policies: Amazon Music, Apple Music/iTunes, Deezer, Facebook, Instagram, Resso, Spotify, YouTube, Gaana, Hungama, Jio Saavn, Sharechat, Wynk