What is Dolby Atmos?
Dolby Atmos is an immersive audio format that empowers music creators to design new experiences for listeners by precisely positioning audio channels within a three-dimensional sound field. Dolby Atmos opens up an entirely new palette for creative exploration beyond the conventional, two-channel audio limitations, providing clarity, space, and depth.
Where can I deliver Dolby Atmos?
TuneCore delivers Dolby Atmos to Apple Music, who plays it back to listeners in their proprietary Spatial Audio technology. This creates an even more immersive soundscape through compatible Apple products that use dynamic head-tracking for a 'theater-like' experience. Click here to learn how to listen to Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos on Apple Music.
How much does it cost to deliver Dolby Atmos?
During the upload process, TuneCore artists can add Dolby Atmos to new releases for ₹1,399.00 per track.
It is not currently possible to add Dolby Atmos to existing releases, but it will be possible in the future.
Dolby Atmos file specifications:
- Provide the Dolby Atmos master file as a Broadcast Wave Format Administrative Template (BWF ADM) file
- All tracks within a project must be at the same frame rate
- All audio must be 24-bit LPCM audio at 48kHz
- All deliverables must be conformed and synced to the original stereo reference masters
- The difference between the most recently delivered (new or updated) stereo source and immersive source durations must be less than or equal to 50 milliseconds
- Target Loudness value should not exceed -18 LKFS measured as per ITU-R BS. 1770-4.
- True-peak level should not exceed -1 dB TP measured as per ITU-R BS. 1770-4.
- Dolby Atmos audio files generated automatically and/or algorithmically from a stereo master are not allowed and will be rejected by Apple Music
- Click here to view the full list of Apple Music specifications
How do I create a Dolby Atmos version of my song?
Click here to learn more about how to create music in Dolby Atmos. The Dolby Atmos Production Suite and the Dolby Atmos Music Panner VST plugin are two good places to start.
Check out our Dolby Atmos Guide for more information!
Feeling overwhelmed? Click here to find a music studio near you that supports Dolby Atmos.