Yes you can distribute a PDF booklet to iTunes through TuneCore.
PDF booklets offer fans extra content, such as lyrics, pictures and liner notes and are downloaded with the purchase of an album, EP or single in the iTunes Store. TuneCore only distributes PDF booklets to iTunes at this time. Booklets cost an additional $20.00 USD
IMPORTANT : PDF booklets must be attached PRIOR to distribution.
Please follow these steps to send your booklet with your release to iTunes BEFORE you distribute.
- Create an album in your TuneCore account (you only need to complete the first step of saving your album info to create a UPC code). DO NOT DISTRIBUTE YOUR RELEASE.
- Make sure your booklet is up to specifications. (Please read the required specifications below)
- Once your PDF is ready, please contact us from the email address registered to your TuneCore account, include your UPC in the email, and attach your booklet.
- We will respond to you by the next business day confirming that we have attached your booklet to your album and that you can proceed with distributing your album.
- The price of the booklet ($20.00 USD) will be added to your album distribution cost.
PDF Specifications :
- PDF format with “.pdf” extension
- Four-page minimum
- All fonts embedded
- 72 dpi minimum
- 11 in x 8.264 in (28 cm x 21 cm)
- RGB color
- Horizontal presentation
- All images full-bleed
Important: These booklets are specifically designed for the iTunes Store format and cannot be reproductions of existing liner notes with borders to increase size.
- When saving a PDF, make sure the document opens full screen with no negative space surrounding the document.
- File size should be reasonable (8 - 10 MB max). If the booklet is many pages long, consider using fewer images or optimizing images to achieve a lower overall file size.
- Printers' marks are not allowed.
- You can include the artist's or label's website, facebook page URL, etc.
- No links to anything promotional or advertising related, except the artist and/or label website (s).
- No time-sensitive information (for example, a promotion or dates for an upcoming tour or concert).
- No nudity/explicit imagery or materials.
Note: Since a digital booklet is an 'album only' item attached to your release in iTunes (your fans only receive the booklet if they purchase the entire album), the album price will default to $9.99 regardless of the total number of tracks. Learn more about iTunes pricing here. .
View Related Blog Posts
3 Things You Need to Know About Cover Art