Once a release has been sent to stores, the following changes cannot be processed:
- Adding, deleting, or editing lyrics
- Adding, deleting, or reordering songs
- Changing the UPC or ISRCs**
- Changing the Original Release Date information
** Product codes can never be edited because they are release-specific and are unique identifiers to track the sale of your music.
How can I make changes to this information?
To process the changes listed above, you will need to request a takedown of your current release from all stores and distribute a new version.
Some things you should know if you decide to take down your release:
- You will have to pay and resubmit the album as a new release (if you are not on an Unlimited Plan).
- Stores will treat the resubmission as a new product, and your release will go through their review process again.
- You will not be able to use the same UPC code because it's technically a new product and these codes are unique to every release, but you can use the same ISRCs as long as the tracks are the exact same.