First, please note that we cannot make the following changes once the release has been distributed:
- Adding, deleting, or editing lyrics
- Adding, deleting, or reordering songs
- Changing the UPC or an ISRC
- Changing the Original Release Date information
If you need to make changes to the above, please see this article for more information.
For other release change requests, you have two options:
OPTION 1: Take Down Your Current Release and Distribute a New Version
- This is recommended, as it guarantees the change will be made in all stores.
- This is a permanent action that cannot be reversed.
- You will have to resubmit the release and pay for distribution again (we CANNOT issue a refund for the release you are taking down).
- Your release will receive a new UPC code because it’s technically a new product. However, you can reuse the previous ISRCs as long as the tracks are the exact same.
- All stores will permanently remove any reviews and comments related to the original UPC, as well as remove the release from any store playlists in which it was used.
To proceed with the takedown of your release: Remove Content
OPTION 2: Make Changes to Your Current Release
- This route is not recommended, as we cannot guarantee that all stores will make the changes.
- For artwork and audio file changes, we will email you instructions on how to replace your content.
- Spotify, iTunes, and Amazon Music generally process changes within 2 weeks.
- Other stores can take weeks or months to process changes, if at all.
To proceed with requesting a release change: Change My Release