Technically, your music is copyrighted the instant you create it. You are not required to register your copyrights with a government office prior to using TuneCore, however many artists feel more comfortable registering their copyrights before making their songs available for worldwide distribution. If you are registering your copyright in the US, you can do so very easily here: http://www.copyright.gov/
Articles in this section
- How to Find my Spotify Artist ID
- What are the different roles and credits I can give on my release?
- How do I find my Artist ID / Artist URL in iTunes and Apple Music?
- How do I create a new release (album, single or ringtone) in my TuneCore account?
- Can I move a release from one TuneCore account to another TuneCore account?
- Can I distribute my release for pre-order before my audio is fully uploaded?
- Can I distribute Hebrew language music?
- How do I set up a pre-order?
- Can I set territory/country restrictions for my release?
- Setting Up A Spotify Verified Artist Account