Amazon On Demand allows you as an artist to have unlimited physical inventory made upon each purchase that is placed for your physical CD. There are no up-front manufacturing costs and you upload just the same way as you would for distributing to any other digital store.
Albums that are distributed to Amazon On Demand must not be longer than 78 minutes and must not be over 99 tracks. Track titles must not be longer than 130 characters. If these requirements are not met, the release will not go live in Amazon On Demand.
IMPORTANT: Please note that submitting your release to Amazon On Demand does not mean your music has been submitted to Pandora. If you are submitting to Amazon On Demand for consideration on Pandora radio, your album must have AT LEAST TWO TRACKS. 1 track albums will not be eligible for consideration. For more information on submitting to Pandora, please click here .
Go Live Time
Please note, we are currently working with Amazon to resolve ingestion issues. We hope to be delivering music to them again in the coming weeks.
It can normally take 6-8 weeks for content to become available in Amazon on Demand.
Amazon On Demand Store Territories
Amazon On Demand is available in the United States & Japan and has international shipping available.
How The Process Works for Amazon On Demand
- When your album is ordered at Amazon.com, it will be manufactured with high quality four-color artwork (a CD booklet, tray card and four color printing on the CD) in a shrink-wrapped jewel box. Amazon will fulfill and ship the order just like any other Amazon product. CDs for sale at amazon.com can be found by selecting "Music" next to the Search button's dropdown or simply by searching the artist name or album title.
- If you don't have your own artwork, no problem! You do not need full artwork. All you need is an album cover image. At TuneCore you will pick from one of ten templates that layout and design all the rest of your artwork for free. Artwork Specs:
- Your album cover art has to be a higher quality than a digital album cover as it is being physically printed.
1600 x 1600 pixels
300 dpi (dots per inch)
- When you distribute your release to Amazon On Demand through TuneCore, their store will automatically put a color border around your artwork (they will use the color that best matches your artwork). We have no control over this, as it is done by Amazon On Demand so as to not cut off any text or image on the cover art.
- Amazon only accepts languages that use Latin-1 characters. This excludes languages like Russian, Japanese, Arabic, etc.
What if I have my own complete jewel case artwork?
We do not offer a way for you to submit custom artwork to Amazon.com for physical distribution (Amazon On Demand). We do however provide pre-designed templates for artwork, which you will find when you are creating your release in TuneCore as long as you have selected Amazon On Demand as a store for distribution. If you do not want to use one of our pre-designed artwork templates, you can distribute to Amazon On Demand on your own directly by going to this link: https://www.createspace.com/
Please remember, if you are choosing to go through CreateSpace on your own, do not select Amazon On Demand as a store when you distribute your release through Tunecore.
How Amazon On Demand Sells Your Music
Does Amazon On Demand sell your music via?:
In TuneCore, you select what wholesale price tier you want your album to sell for starting at $8.98 and going up in one dollar increments to $19.98. Your album will be available for purchase on Amazon.com at the price you pick at TuneCore.
Pay Rate (How Much Amazon On Demand Pays You)
From each sale of your CD at Amazon.com, TuneCore pays you 40% of the sale price selected. As always, TuneCore passes through 100% of what we receive for your sales automatically into your TuneCore account balance. So, for example if you choose a price of $10.98 you will receive: $4.39.
Can I order my own CD?
Yes! Just go to Amazon.com, search for your CD, and order it.
Will I get a physical copy of my CD before it goes live?
No, there will not be a physical copy made before it goes live.
GOOD TO KNOW: We've built our TuneCore Publishing Administration to get songwriters (the person or entity that controls the copyright to the lyrics and melody of the song) all their royalties from sales and use of their songs around the world. To learn more about the additional separate royalties you earn as a Songwriter, see our Publishing Administration Help section.