You can mark tracks as "Album Only" in Amazon Music and in some rare cases in iTunes.
IMPORTANT: TuneCore can only mark tracks as album only in iTunes if you have licensed the tracks from a third party. Do NOT make an iTunes album only track request unless you have a written contractual agreement with a third party that prohibits you from selling the track on its own. Other things to note:
- iTunes will only allow you to mark up to 12.5% of a given release as “album only”. This means albums with 1-7 tracks cannot have any tracks marked as album only. Albums with 8 to 15 tracks can have 1 track marked as album only. Albums with 16 to 23 tracks can have 2 tracks marked as album only, and so on. TuneCore cannot honor any requests to mark more than 12.5% of tracks on an album as album only.
- It’s iTunes policy not to mark tracks less than 10 minutes as “album only” in order to create what they feel is the best user experience.
- If you have licensed a track and do not have permission to sell it individually, and ONLY in this circumstance, they may allow you to mark that track as “album only”.
- Do NOT fill out the album only form if you own full distribution rights to your track.
- If you are making an album only track request for iTunes, we can only distribute your album to iTunes and Amazon MP3. We cannot mark tracks as "album only" on any other stores at this time.
If you have a licensed track and wish to mark it as “album only” in iTunes, follow the steps below to submit your request:
- Download and fill out the TC Album Only Request form at the bottom of this page.
- Go to the contact us page to upload and submit your completed form. Please include the UPC of your release and the track(s) you want to mark as album only.
- We highly recommend setting a future release date for your album (at least 1 week after your submission date) as it can take iTunes a few days to process an album only request.
- We will let you know when your request has been submitted.
Please note iTunes has the right to reject any "album only" request.
Before you distribute your music, contact us from the email address registered to your TuneCore account. Let us know the UPC of your release and which tracks you want marked as "album only". TuneCore Customer Care will update your tracks and let you know when to distribute your release.