The following information is regarding TuneCore's Publishing Administration service
If you are NOT a US Citizen/Resident:
1. In order to submit your foreign tax information, you need to access your W-8BEN form here
2. Click 'Please complete your tax info (required before you can get paid). ' The ITIN or SSN fields are not mandatory. A 30% withholding will apply on US Sourced Royalties if you do not have a ITIN or SSN .
3. Click 'No' when asked if you are a U.S. citizen or resident.
4. You'll be brought to the W-8BEN form which you need to complete. The W-8BEN asks the foreign person to provide a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security Number (SSN). You can only get an ITIN or SSN if you are a resident in a treaty country. Please go here to see if your respective country is included in the US Government's list of treaty countries.
If your country is listed, you can apply for an ITIN by filing Form W-7 (below) with the IRS. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get an ITIN. Once you receive your ITIN, please make sure you update your W-8BEN form with your ITIN in your TuneCore account.
If your country is listed, you must also contact us here to obtain a signed letter, which you will submit along with your W-7 to the IRS.
Please include your full legal name and complete residential address when emailing us for a letter.
Access and download your W-7 form here
If necessary, please file the W-7 form first with the IRS by sending the form to the address below:
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342
If you ARE a US Citizen/Resident:
1. In order to submit your tax information, you need to access your W9 form here
2. You should enter your SSN (Social Security Number) as XXX-XX-XXXX if you are filing as an INDIVIDUAL/SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP or If you are filing as a business (LLC, Corporation, Trust, etc.) you should enter your EIN (Employer Identification Number) as XX-XXXXXXX.