How does Facebook Music work?
Enrolling in Facebook Music lets users put your music in the content they create and share on Facebook and Instagram. This includes features such as a searchable Audio Library. Opting in to the Facebook Music service allows your music the chance to earn revenue. Please note, you will not see a visual confirmation (like an ad) on content that uses your music.
Replicating an on-demand music experience in your video, by using a static image, may result in the video being muted.
How much does it cost to monetize my music on Facebook?
Opting into the service is completely free. You will keep 80% of the revenue TuneCore collects from Facebook.
How do I send my music to Facebook, Instagram Stories, and Instagram Reels?
You can opt-in to Facebook Music, Instagram Stories, and Instagram Reels at any time by heading to your Facebook Music dashboard.
Please note that in order for a release to show up on Instagram Stories, each track on the release must be monetized on Facebook. In order to deliver any tracks to Instagram, the entire release must opt in.
When will I start receiving revenue from Facebook Music, Instagram Stories, and Instagram Rels?
Revenue for Facebook Music is paid out quarterly.
How much will I get paid for Facebook Music, Instagram Music, and Instagram Reels?
Until Usage reporting is available from Facebook, TuneCore will be using a pro rata payment method for all music that has opted-in to the Facebook Music service. When usage reports do become available, we will pay artists based on their actual usage in Facebook.
What's the difference between "eligible" sound recordings that I can monetize, and "ineligible" sound recordings that I cannot submit to Facebook Music?
Eligible: You can submit specific tracks to the Facebook Music service that:
- Use only your own material for which you have exclusive rights.
- Use third-party material for which you have exclusive rights.
Ineligible: You cannot submit tracks to the Facebook Music service that:
- Contain public domain clips or speeches
- Contain any audio library samples, sound effects, or production loops (such as GarageBand loops)
- Contain any third party content that you do not have exclusively licensed (such as samples you do not have exclusively licensed)
- Are karaoke versions or sound-a-like cover versions
- Are part of a compilation/various artists' albums
- You have previously licensed to a third party, on an exclusive basis
- Have already been submitted content for Facebook Music through another distributor
- Are video game soundtracks (unless you are the video game publisher)
Violations of these guidelines may lead to permanent blocking of your account from this service.