When you set up a pre-order on iTunes and Google Play, you can market your release with an iTunes buy link and offer your fans Instant Gratification tracks, all before your release date. This often means more sales for you and more excitement among your fans!
What is a pre-order?
• In iTunes and Google Play, album, single and EP pre-orders are available for sale in advance of your official release date (only your Instant Gratification tracks will be immediately downloadable). Keep in mind the Instant Grat option for a pre-order is only for iTunes.
What are the benefits of a pre-order?
• You get 5 key benefits:
- Marketing with Buy Link : You can market the release to your fans with a link to iTunes where they will be able to pre-purchase your release. Note, artists often choose to offer the pre-order at a lower price to fans in advance of the release date. Once your release is available for pre-order in Google Play you can advertise the link as well.
- Marketing Instant Gratification Tracks (iTunes Only) : You can choose to offer your fans Instant Gratification tracks. These tracks are delivered immediately to fans who purchase the pre-order. These tracks are not free; they’re just purchasable before the official release date. The Instant Gratification option encourages full album purchase. You can offer up to half of your release as Instant Gratification tracks (you need at least 4 tracks on your release). These tracks will also be available for individual purchase during the pre-order period..
- iTunes Marketing : Pre-order sales count towards your iTunes chart position during the pre-order period. Driving fans to purchase your pre-order can help you rise on iTunes charts, creating a higher profile for your release.
- Pre-order pricing (iTunes Only) : As part of your pre-order, you can request a lower price point that changes on your release date, encouraging fans to take advantage of this offer. Sale pricing is optional.
- Fans can get an Automatic Download : Fans who have pre-ordered your release can set it up so their iTunes automatically downloads the album on the release date, or they can request an email notifying them to finalize the download.
What is the cost of a pre-order?
It is $15.00 to set up a pre-order to just iTunes or Google Play. However, if you decide to send your pre-order to both iTunes and Google Play it is $25.00