Technically, your music is copyrighted the instant you create it. You are not required to register your copyrights with a government office prior to using TuneCore, however many artists feel more comfortable registering their copyrights before making their songs available for worldwide distribution. If you are registering your copyright in the US, you can do so very easily here: http://www.copyright.gov/
Articles in this section
- What are the different roles and credits I can give on my release?
- How do I find my Artist ID / Artist URL in iTunes and Apple Music?
- How do I create a new release (album, single or ringtone) in my TuneCore account?
- Boomplay: Description, Go Live Time, Territories, How They Sell Your Music, Pay Rate
- Kuack Media Group: Description, Go Live Time, Territories, How They Sell Your Music, Pay Rate
- Why is my single listed as Various Artists on Spotify?
- Can I move a release from one TuneCore account to another TuneCore account?
- Can I distribute a cover song through TuneCore?
- Can I distribute my release for pre-order before my audio is fully uploaded?
- Do I need to create an account in a store in order for my music to be available there?